Thursday, June 5, 2008

Making my move

For a little while there I had my own blog. It's hosted on a university-owned server, and so the posts tended to be more academically-oriented (but by no means always). And, frankly, it was mostly pretty boring.

At some point I thought it would be a good idea to cross-post my Language Log posts there, both as a way to index them (as opposed to Geoff Pullum's by-hand method) and as a way to allow comments (which Language Log Classic did not). Eventually, the inevitable happened: I was very rarely posting anything other than Language Log cross-posts. Then Language Log moved to its new location earlier this year, and it now encourages comments and has indexing capabilities. So I stopped cross-posting, which basically meant I stopped posting altogether.

So now I want to start this blog to post about stuff that I wouldn't post about on Language Log (or on phonoloblog, for that matter). It might still be academically-oriented on occasion, and frankly, it will probably still be mostly boring. But maybe it'll encourage me to be better at what my friend Ed is so good at: being himself.

2 comments:

Ed Keer said...

Hey, so I am just now finding this. Uhh. Ooops.

Eric Bakovic said...

That's aight, I didn't tell you about it. So, um, can you tell me how to subscribe to the RSS for all comments on this blogger thing?